Dental implantation makes it possible, even after the loss of one or several teeth, to fully restore the dentition while maintaining the aesthetic and functional component. During dental implantation, an artificial support is introduced into the jaw bone tissue, which replaces the previous tooth root. Crowns or other structures are then installed on this titanium support.
Compared with dental prosthetics, restoration of a partial or complete defect in the dentition using dental implantation has a number of advantages:
• healthy teeth are not damaged (as when filing before prosthetics)
• make it possible with the help of fixed structures to restore the dentition in case of terminal and extensive defects
• a removable denture installed on an implant ensures the chewing process is 40% more efficient than with a conventional removable denture
• the possibility of full orthopedic treatment in the absence of teeth or jaw atrophy
• prevents the destruction of bone tissue at the site of a lost tooth
• expand the range of available opportunities for treatment of the temporomandibular joint and bite correction
For reliable engraftment of the implant (osseointegration), the material from which the implant is made must meet certain requirements: not sensitive to corrosion, non-toxic, durable, technological. The design features of the implant are also important for biomechanical compatibility with the jaw tissues. Reliable osseointegration is the main goal of implant placement and an indicator of the quality work done by both the doctor and the patient, since compliance with all recommendations after implantation also plays a decisive role in the success of the procedure.
• single defect (without preparation of healthy adjacent teeth)
• included defect in the dentition
• terminal defect of the dentition
• complete or partial adentia (absence of teeth)
Contraindications to dental implantation in most cases are only temporary and can be eliminated (except for serious diseases that make the implantation procedure impossible). A qualified specialist will provide everything you need for a successful dental implantation procedure and the desired results.